As the summer season is fast approaching we celebrate its beginning each year on the West Shore during Memorial Day Weekend with the Opening Day at the Lake annual event. Through deck opening parties at several restaurants, live music, scavenger hunts, BBQs, historic tours, and so much more, the West Shore is the place to be during your long weekend!!
Lake Tahoe is ready and open for summer! Time to open up summer cabins, put the boats in the water and get a jump on summer activities. Pick up (or download – link coming soon) an ‘Opening Day Passport’ at a participating business/location and receive stamps at each participating business you visit. When your Passport is filled, turn it in for a prize.
Opening Day at the Lake’s jam-packed weekend includes a wide variety of events and activities:
- Deck/patio opening celebrations at Sunnyside Resort, Jake’s On The Lake, West Shore Café, Chambers Landing Bar & Restaurant and Bridgetender
- West Shore Clean Up Day
- Opening of Meeks Bay Resort & Marina
- The opening of Tahoe City’s Tahoe Gal (Mississippi paddlewheeler)
- Tahoe Sailing Charters’ opening weekend
- Tahoe Tree Company annual Truck-Load Sale of perennials and shrubs.
- Season openings and tours of the historical Vikingsholm Castle and Ehrman Mansion
- Guided museum tours at the Tahoe Maritime Museum
- Open house at the Rideout Community Center
- Historic walking tours at Tahoe City’s Gatekeeper’s Museum
- Mike Brown Seaplane Splash-In and Community BBQ at Obexer’s General Store
North Lake Tahoe’s paved bike trails are also open all the way from Tahoe City to Tahoma along the west shore, making for a great cycle-bound day trip. For more info visit The Tahoe West Shore Association.