Lake Tahoe Weather: Qinter Weather Advisory & Watch
Lake Tahoe Weather Summary
Good Morning Tahoetopians! A chance of snow Tuesday morning, then snow in the afternoon. Daytime regional highs will be in the low-to-mid 30s with moderate south winds. Looking ahead, a Winter Weather dvisory and Winter Storm Watch are in effect (See Below)...
NWS Forecast for Greater Lake Tahoe Area
Today: Slight chance of snow in the morning, then snow in the afternoon. Snow accumulation up to 2 inches with 1 to 4 inches above 7000 feet. Highs 32 to 37. South winds 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight: Snow. Snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches with 5 to 11 inches above 7000 feet. Lows 23 to 28. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Ridge gusts up to 55 mph increasing to 70 mph after midnight.
Wednesday: Cloudy with scattered showers. Highs 36 to 46. Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph. Gusts up to 40 mph in the afternoon. Ridge gusts up to 80 mph increasing to 95 mph in the afternoon.
Wednesday Night: Snow and rain. Snow level 6500 to 7000 feet. Lows 24 to 29. Southwest winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 60 mph. Ridge gusts up to 130 mph.
Thursday: Snow and rain. Snow level 6500 feet lowering to lake level. Highs 32 to 42. Southwest winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph. Ridge gusts up to 120 mph decreasing to 105 mph in the afternoon.
Thursday Night: Brisk. Snow showers in the evening, then chance of snow showers after midnight. Lows 20 to 30.
WINTER STORM WATCH
426 AM PST Tue Jan 15 2019 ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 4 PM PST WEDNESDAY... ...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE THURSDAY NIGHT...
* CHANGES...Increased snowfall amounts for tonight.
* WHAT...Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday afternoon: Moderate snow with accumulations of 5 to 10 inches, except 10 to 18 inches west of Highway 89, are expected. For Wednesday night through Thursday: 2 to 4 feet possible above 7000 feet. Below 7000 feet, 8 to 18 inches, possibly as much as 15 to 30 inches if precipitation remains all snow.
* WHERE...Greater Lake Tahoe Area.
* WHEN...For the Winter Weather Advisory, from 4 PM Tuesday to 4 PM PST Wednesday. For the Winter Storm Watch, from late Wednesday afternoon through late Thursday night.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible later Wednesday through Thursday with periods of white out conditions possible, especially in the higher elevations.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Now is the time to prepare an emergency kit for your home and car. If traveling consider alternate plans, remember to carry tire chains, extra food, water and clothing. Once the storm arrives, travel may be difficult or impossible for an extended period of time.