Events & Festivals
Enjoyable artists and craftspeople creating and selling at the Round Hill Square shopping center...
June 16-18th & 23-25th
August 4-6th & 18-20th & 25-27th
Beerfest & Bluegrass Festival will take place in the Village at Northstar on Friday, July 2nd, 2017, from 3pm – 6:30pm. The festival will include beer tastings from numerous breweries and two premier bluegrass bands. Breweries will be featured on the Village Overlook, and guests who purchase a ticket will receive a commemorative pint glass and be able to sample all the different beers. There will also be non-alcoholic beverages and a tasty barbecue available for purchase, as well as seating and games on the village rink the whole family can enjoy.
The 38th annual July 3rd Fireworks & Beach Party will take place 4-10pm at the North Tahoe Event Center right on the beach at Kings Beach State Recreation Area. The Beach Party is a fundraiser for the Kings Beach fireworks and will include food vendors, a beer/wine and mixed drink garden, free watermelon eating and sand castle building contests, music, fireworks, glow toys, and more. Admission to the Beach Party is FREE!
Fireworks begin at 9:30 pm and are visible from all along the waterfront in Kings Beach.
This highly-acclaimed and popular and free outdoor concert series at the Village at Squaw Valley features dynamic performances by a host of nationally and internationally known blues musicians, great grab-and-go food offerings from Village restaurants and a "Blues Bar" with beer, wine & spirits available in the Events Plaza. During the summer Bluesdays series get discounted Aerial Tram and activity packages, food and drink specials, and lodging sales every Tuesday.
BLUESDAYS 2017 SCHEDULE
June 13 - Bluesdays Kick Off Party with The Blues Monsters
June 20 - Dragondeer
June 27 - Roy Rogers & the Delta Kings
July 4th - Chris Cain (plus SKIING!!)
July 11th - Grady Champion
July 18th - Hamish Anderson
July 25th - Jimmy Thackery & the Drivers
Aug. 1st - John Nemeth
Aug. 8th - Anthony Gomes
August 15th - Coco Montoya
August 22nd - Ronnie Baker Brooks
August 29th - Dennis Jones Band
Sept. 5th - Lone Star Revue featuring Mark Hummel and Anson Funderberg
All shows are weather permitting and subject to change. Food and drink are available in the Village. No outside alcohol is allowed.
For updates, special announcements, and to enter the Bluesdays raffle, text BLUESDAYS to 24587
Truckee 4th of July Fireworks at West End Beach at Donner Lake at dusk (approx. 9:30 pm). Tickets are $6/person (in advance only) and are available through the Truckee Donner Recreation and Park District (http://www.tdrpd.com/)
Get your flag and wave it with the traditional Downtown Truckee parade at Commercial Row.
The region's longest, most spectacular fireworks display is set off from the roof of Nugget Casino Resort while thousands of revelers celebrate July 4th on Victorian Square below. Live entertainment for the whole family, a kid's area and an array of food choices complete the evening. Event goes from 4:00PM - 11:00PM.
Be one of the lucky ones by celebrating our country’s birthday at Tahoe City’s 72nd annual 4th of July Fireworks Show! The festivities will begin as a fun family beach day in Tahoe City leading up to the biggest, brightest and most dazzling firework show to date! Enjoy the lake all day long with food & activities taking place on Commons Beach and throughout town.
• The Tahoe Queen and M.S. Dixie II: South Shore’s two Mississippi paddlewheelers offer a unique opportunity to view the light show from the water. Board the Tahoe Queen for a Dinner Dance Cruise or the M.S. Dixie II for a Fireworks Cruise. Both feature live entertainment and fantastic views of the evening’s display. Log ontowww.laketahoecruises.com.
• Nevada Beach: Located about two miles east of the Nevada casinos on Elk Point Road, Nevada Beach is the ideal setting for a family barbecue at the beach. A wide, sandy shoreline leads down to the sapphire waters of Lake Tahoe. Charcoal barbecues and picnic tables dot the beach. The view across the lake to the West Shore and Desolation Wilderness is unsurpassed. And the view of the fireworks display is one of the best in town.
• Timber Cove Marina: Offering front row seating that fills up fast.
• Bijou Community Park: Set back from the shoreline and boasts a skate park, disc golf course, dog park, golf course, and playground to keep the whole family entertained while holding your ideal viewing spot
• The Tallac Historic Site: Off Emerald Bay Road, has an east-view perspective with nearby Baldwin Beach. For the more adventurous, the top of Mount Tallac offers a bird’s eye view of the fireworks extravaganza, but don’t forget your headlamp for the trek back down.
• Edgewood-Tahoe: Watch the fireworks show front and center from the beach to the south of Edgewood Tahoe's clubhouse. EdgewoodTahoe.com
Riva Grill - Ski Run Marina: The Riva Grill, located at Ski Run Marina, throws a huge fireworks-watching party, with a view that can't be beat. www.rivagrill.com.